Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I finished April's calendar quilt Friday night (above) and a door quilt (below). I love things that can be done quick.
Last weekend I threw together this easy Easter table runner and was able to quilt it yesterday.
I was also able to finish 2 more Angel Story blocks. These gals just crack me up.

I have come to the decision that I am too overwhelmed with quilt projects and I am not enjoying the process anymore. I am sending several projects on vacation and have decided I need to work on just a few.

I am going to try to keep up with my Dear Jane, Rainbow Jane and Nearly Insane BOW's. I will also work on the Home is Where the Heart is BOM I started with Karene and Joy. I will also work on one hand project at a time. I decided to continue on with my Affairs of the Heart blocks. I have all the applique done on all 36 blocks but they all need extensive stem stitching on them. The machine project I am going to work on is the Wildflower Sampler. Everything else will be put in my UFO list. Everytime I knock out a project I will pull one from my UFO's. My ultimate goal is to have one piecing project and one hand project.

10 comments:

Crispy said...

My you have been busy!! That's a great idea to limit the amount of projects you will work on at one time, I really wish you luck with that. However, did you realize that you listed "6" projects you will continue working on? Holey Moley girl, how many projects "do" you have going?? LOL


Crispy

Lindsey said...

I've decided...you ARE the Energizer Bunny! Where do you get all the energy to get all of that done....That would have been 10 days worth of posts for me...(sigh)

Carrie P. said...

You are very busy but it is supposed to be fun. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. Enjoy the process.

Carrie P. said...

Forgot to tell you that I really like your Easter decorations.

Anonymous said...

Your Easter decorations are wonderful. I'm glad you came to a decision that's allowing you to keep the joy in your hobby. I've always wondered about turning my hobby into a job but always though it would turn things into a little too much of an obligation and take some of the fun out of it.

I'm glad you decided to keep Nearly Insane off the UFO list. :)

Robin said...

And that is paring them down? Wow. I'm still in awe. :) But definitely, do what you need to do to bring back the fun and be able to enjoy your projects.

Your Easter quilts are great! I love, love, love that little calendar quilt. So cute. :)

ranette said...

I understand exactly how you feel....lol I'm doing the same thing, but I never thought about it as a vacation for my projects!

Love the cute Easter things.

Cindy said...

The Easter decor are darling, Yvette.

Hehehe, I thought maybe when I was reading "I am sending...", that maybe you were sending your machine away....TO ME...(wishful thinking).

And then when I read " I decided to continue on with my Affairs..."...I thought WOOHOO - Yvette is having as affair and letting us all know.....LOL

Okay, back to my small corner of the world....ROFLOL

Karen said...

Love the Easter pieces. And, the Angels are so sweet. That is a good idea to put some projects on vacation.

Joy said...

Boy, I miss checking your blog for a couple days and whoo hoo! lookie what you've done! I love, love, love the Easter decorations.

And your current project list, though shorter to you, still will keep you very busy! I'm glad you are finding ways to keep the fun in it!!

I'm looking forward to getting back in the quilting room after I conquer that dratted garden. I have some serious catching up to do on the BOM, etc!

:)