Sunday, April 19, 2009

BOW's

This weeks DJ block C-11. Third time was the charm on this one and I still don't like it.

Block 84 of Nearly Insane. I don't like this one either. Maybe I should have stepped away from the sewing room this weekend.

I just received month 4 of my Rainbow Jane blocks. I decided to knock out all the triangles this weekend. The one above is TR-8. The one below is TR-9. On TR-9. I tried a zillion times to get that triangle on the top seams to match.



Ok, the one below I am naming the leaning tower of Jane. This block was not easy. I am thinking I could top off the top and try again.

There will be no sewing in my room today. I have machine quilting class at Timeless today taught by Ruth Blanchett. I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I hope to share pictures of what I learned later tonight.
It is going to be in the 90's today. This is just wrong!




11 comments:

Crispy said...

Yvette, there are days we just shouldn't be sewing LOL. Are you paper piecing, machine piecing these blocks or hand piecing? If you are doing them by machine there isn't anything I can say to help you other than having your piece with the point on top...but you probably already know that LOL.

Crispy

Barb said...

I love the first one....and yes, sometimes the seam ripper is my best friend.

Kristie said...

You really do such wonderful work! Love them all! I always look forward to reading your posts
Kristie

Joy said...

Oh those look HARD. Sheesh!

Wasn't the class today GREAT?! I'm actually thinking I will maybe stand a chance at quilting my Texas Star. That assumes that I manage to conquer those Y seams and it lays flat. Ah well, you know what they say about assuming.....

Anyway, we must practice, practice, practice!

:)

Betsy said...

Yvette vacation time for the DJ though they look fine to me.

Annelies said...

Not all blocks go as you want them to. Just wait a while and then look at them again.

Unknown said...

the blocks are fine (leave them alone) love the leaning pizza one (LOL). it gives your quilt character.

ck

Robin said...

Sigh... I think we all have those days. I doubt it's any consolation, but I think the blocks look great. And they're done! :)

Hope you're feeling super-inspired after your machine quilting class!

Karen said...

Well, I love them all. :)

Denise said...

Yvette, you're a winner on my blog! Please send me your address so I can send your gift!

Carrie P. said...

Those triangle blocks fascinate me every time I see one of them. Great job on all of them.