Sunday, October 31, 2010

Goodbye October, Hello November!

I think it is time I had better start saving for a better camera. Yikes! Either my photo's are too dark, too light or too blurry. I used to have a great camera but I didn't want to put the time in necessary to learn it. New technology has arrived and I think I had better start saving and invest.

I put the borders on my "A Gardener's Journal" this morning. It is much brighter in person but I just couldn't get the lighting right. (see, I think I need a new camera) I am hoping to purchase the backing fabric in November so I can pin baste and get her quilted before the end of the year.
This is the tenth Redwork Basket completed. Two more to go and then I figure out how to lay them out. I have a ton of leftover red/white fabrics but I don't have any big pieces. I may have to shop for some sashing/border fabric for this also. I think I will cut strips and tumblers with the balance of my red/white stash and knock out a charity quilt in 2011.
This is block #1 of "Baltimore Bunnies" that I am doing with Monica. I bought this kit 2yrs ago at the Long Beach quilt show. The backing is flannel and the applique is wool and cotton. I almost went crazy sewing all those leaves on.
That's all for October! Time for November's goals.

1) Make/pin baste backing for "A Gardener's Journal"
X2) Row D of "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler"
X3) 2 - Redwork Baskets
X4) Cut all squares for "Life is Beautiful"
X5) 10 - Klosjes
X6) November's "Calendar Redwork"
X7) Work on "Blue Ridge Beauty" Leader/Ender quilt
X8) Block 2 of "Berry Picking Party"
X9) Block 2 of "Baltimore Bunnies"
X10) Cut Blocks 1 & 2 of "Civil War Tribute"
X11) Cut scraps into strips & Tumblers

If all above are finished before the end of the month
1) Quilt & Bind "A Gardener's Journal"
2) Prep more "Berry Picking Party" blocks

I pray you all have a happy, healthy, safe week, with plenty of time to play.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Berry Picking Party

Monica and I decided that we were going to do a BOM together. Now only did we decide to do one, we decided to do two. So far I finished the first block of the one I chose. This is called "Berry Picking Party". I prepped the first one Monica picked, "Baltimore Bunnies" and I will be starting to stitch that one soon. We even picked another one after we are done with these. I was also able to finish another Redwork basket on my lunch hours. Three more to go.

That's all I have for this week. It seems like I only had time for hand stitching. I do have "Tisket a Tasket" on my sewing machine. I am about 25% into quilting it and hope to have it done next weekend.

I hope everyone has a ton of time to play this week! Have a happy, healthy week!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

This weeks accomplishments

Nearly Insane(ish) #1 is on Colleen's bed now. This is a California King bed and the quilt finishes at 118x118. My first and last jumbo quilt. Today Joy came over and we each made a purse. I could kick myself that I didn't take a picture of Joy's purse, it came out so great with the fabrics she picked from her stash. Here is my version of the reversible bag.
Look what I won on Darlene's blog. I love charm packs and I adore Schnibbles patterns. What a great gift!! Thank you Darlene!!!
Three more Klosjes made last night.
I finally finished the binding on the Crazy Catz. Just made it in time for Halloween.
This is October's "Catalicious" BOM. I think I only have a filler block to do and then figure out how I am going to set these. I thought a pattern would be given to us at the end but I think we are on our own.
I also finished another redwork basket. Four more to go before I have to figure out how to set these too. I sure wish I knew how to work my EQ7. LOL!!
Have a happy, healthy, crafty week!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hand Stitching Fever

I made another Klosjes. These things are going to be addicting! I have to prep a bunch more when I have the chance because these will be a great portable project. 2 down 1198 to go. LOL!I put together the last block of my "Gardeners Journal" top and added it to the others. I have to find something for a small border and then add the scrappy final border. This will have to be put away until I go shopping.
Here is a closeup of the last block. I cut a little too much on the left. OOPS! I guess the wind is blowing my tree.
I managed to get October's "Calendar Redwork" BOM Done. These are quick and easy!
I also finished 2 more Redwork Baskets.

That's it for this week. I did clean out my sewing room of patterns and books I knew I would never use. I gave some to a friend online and am waiting for another friend to go through them before I put them up here to see if there are any takers.

I pray you all have a safe, happy, healthy week.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

My First Klosjes

Ever since I have seen these little guys on other blogs I have wanted to make them. Thanks to Crispy and her hand piecing tutorials, I was able to make my first one. This measures 2 3/4" finished. I figure if I want a queen sized quilt I would need to make 1200 total. LOL! I am sure a table runner is as far as I will get. To start I will try to make one a week.I also used the skills Crispy taught me to hand piece this block from my "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" quilt. This is D-1.
I also finished 2 more Redwork baskets.

I wasn't able to visit my sewing machine this weekend. I did pin baste the Crazy Cats and Tisket-a-Tasket and will try to get to those in the next few weeks. I think I am dedicating next weekend to cleaning out the sewing room and organizing. It will not be an easy feat. I want to get rid of anything I know I don't need or want anymore.