Sunday, February 17, 2013

Three Day Weekend


Most people in the US get Monday off for a three day weekend.   I work on Monday but I was off on Friday so my three day weekend was a bit earlier than everyone else.    After I finished all my work around the house I worked on the Designer Mystery Block from Fat Quarter Shop.  I finished this months block and added it to the rest.  I love how you can put this together as you go and not have to wait until you make the last block. 


I planned on sewing as much as I could on Saturday.  I started and finished the last block of "In The Meadow We Can Build A Snowman.   It took me seven hours from start to finish.  I still have to add the eyes but can't decide if I should use buttons or embroidery.
 This is the backing I made for it last month using my scrap bin.  
I woke up early this morning so I could run all my errands and get some last minute chores done so I could sew some more.   I added four more rows to my "Charming Addition" quilt.  My goal is to do three to four rows a month.  I am making this one BIG so I can put on a bed.

After that I worked on "Crossroads".  Here are this months blocks and........................................

Here are all the last few months worth.  


In the evening I try to hand stitch.  These blocks are from "Sweet and Simple".  I am trying to do two blocks a month.  
Here all all the rest I have finished.  

Well, that's it for this weekend.  Back to work for me tomorrow.   Only one more weekend in February and I still have eight more things on my list.  Most of them are not too labor intensive so I hope to chip away a little at each of them.  If I don't get to them there is always next month.  

I wish you all a fantastic, healthy, happy week!
Yvette


25 comments:

JustCindy said...

I love the colors you are using in the Designer Mystery Block, so pretty. Your snowman quilt is great. I'm for embroidering the eyes. The backing is perfect for it. You had a very productive three days. Do you plan in advance so you can accomplish so much?

Betsy said...

Great snowman quilt Yvette. You keep your projects sowell organized and your work is always so beautiful.

mary truax said...

Good work Yevette and so inspiring! Keep on quilting!

Karen said...

Your snowman quilt is wonderful. You put the pedal to the metal on that one.

I am in love with Sweet and Simple. I have looked at the patterns so many times but they are quite expensive for the whole set. I assume you are getting them as a BOM with fabric included.

Anonymous said...

Amaaaaazing!!! What beautiful projects! I love your work and love watching your progress :o)

Leanne said...

All your projects are so beautuful. Your snowmen are adorable. They would melt pretty quick in our Australian summer.

Janet O. said...

My goodness, Yvette, look at all these cool projects!
That mystery quilt is very fresh and fun--such happy colors.
I absolutely love "In the Meadow". Wow! And that is an excellent backing you concocted!
Where did you get the Crossroads pattern? That block is wonderful--and I love the fabrics you have chosen.

marina said...

wow you are amazing Yvette,
so much progress on all those beautiful projects.
That would be a years' worth for me let alone a weekend!
fantastic

Lynda said...

More gorgeousness Yvette. You achieve so much on your weekends. Just beautiful.

Terry said...

Everything looks wonderful! I love your snowman quilt! :0)

Lynette said...

You have the most fun projects going here. I am in *love* with your snowmen quilt, front and back! Sweet nad Simple is terrific, too. Are you hand stitching those?

Cathy said...

Wow... Yvette you've been busy. I just purchased the Snowman quilt and can't wait to start it. All your project are beautiful. Whose pattern is Plain and Simply. I love the blocks. Hugs

Carol said...

You've inspired me once again...I'm going to get the third row of the Designer BOM together and on today for sure. Love the Crossroads...I'm ordering the pattern...good way to use all that Civil War fabric I've collected and your Charming Addition has me drooling...would you share how you go about tackling the rows and keeping everything in order? I've had that one on my list but keep pushing it back because I'm just not sure how to go about it...don't have anywhere to leave it up for a long time. Your snowman quilt is wonderful and the back is equally wonderful! What an inspiring post!

Darlene said...

I am so glad that you started blogging again because your posts are so inspiring. When I grow up I want to be YOU. :-)

I'm in constant awe at all you accomplish. I love everything you've shown in this post - yes everything.

Can I come visit so I can glean some organizational tips from you? Pretty please! :-)

Cindy said...

Man Yvette, you have me thinking I need to hit my sewing room SOON! Your work is wonderful, inspiring and ALOT of it ! Congrats

donna said...

WOW! You get a lot done in a weekend. Your quilts are just beautiful. Hope you have a great week.
Hugs
donna

ranette said...

Ahhhh! You and Beth both blogged! I'm such a slacker.
I love every quilt you are working on and I really think that you should give me your In The Meadow quilt. :)

Nancy said...

When I grow up I want to be you too!! I do have my FQS quilt caught up with you but other than that I have nothing:)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Carol sent me and I am now your newest follower~ I love all your projects! Way to sew!! :-)

antique quilter said...

wow you certainly had a very productive weekend! am i ever impressed! Lots of fun projects going on
love that snowman quilt and then the crossroads great blocks.
charming addition looking good !
Sweet and Simple I haven't seen before will have to look that one up , love the blocks.
thanks for sharing
Kathie

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow - love all of your projects! Crossroads is my favorite - did you design it, or is it already a pattern? It seems familiar (maybe I already have it...lol!) I love a pieced backing.

From Scratch said...

I love the "charming addition". I've never seen that design before.

Sharon Dawn said...

Love your work! I need to get caught up on my BOM so I can start putting it together. You must be very organized!

Anonymous said...

Love every bit! You work fast! Love it all, yep! I've been in the midst of a move...just want to quilt!

Carrie P. said...

Love all the different things you are working on. The snowman quilt is my favorite or maybe "simple things"
so sweet.