Sunday, August 26, 2012

BOM Progress



Another Sunday night.  I can't believe how fast the week just flew by.  I have a long week ahead of me at work but the light at the end of the tunnel is a three day weekend.  I am taking another small things class at the Orange Quilt Bee this Saturday.  I really liked the class the last time I took it.  Gretchen is a great instructor.  She really knows how to work with those teeny tiny blocks.  Did you know if you talk to them they go into place better?  Well, it works for her!  LOL


First up this week is "Welcome Home"  I put together block number 8 and added it to the rest.  There is only one block left but it's big and crazy.  I can't wait to get it in the mail and get this done.  It's a real challenge working with homespuns.


You can't see this very well but it is the very top of the "In The Meadow" quilt.  I would work on this every night after work for about a half an hour.  Now I wait for the next installment to get mailed to me.

I got a few more baskets done this week on my lunch hour plus my friend kindly mailed me a few of hers that she had duplicated.   I sure hope she accidentally duplicates more.  LOL


I did block 3 of the "Designer Mystery" BOM from 2011.  Here is what I have so far.  They make me happy to look at.
 I also did block three of the "Designer Mystery" from 2009.   I just love how the patterns are written, they go together with no problems.


Have you seen this book?   It has a LOT of cute things inside.  I just love when a book has more than one pattern I want to make. 

The first one I am going to attempt is this one.

 Here is what I did today.   This should go together fairly quick and the pattern seems to be also written very well.
Well, that's it for this week.    I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Yvette

18 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

you've had a great productive week.........well done.........

Raewyn said...

I love your projects, Yvette. Welcome Home is going to be lovely. You are making great progress. I have that Kim Diehl book too and just love it (as I do her others!) and am sewing from it already too. Hope this coming week is just as productive for you!

Darlene said...

Another very productive week. So many wonderful projects. :-)

Joy said...

Boy, you really got a lot done!! I think that's funny about the duplicates - and quite fortunate! :)

I'm loving your new projects and your BOMs are beautiful! I love those blocks!

P.S. I don't want to tempt you (much!) but ThreadHead is doing another quilt along. Heh heh!! :)

Lynda said...

Another BIG week Yvette.

marina said...

wow what beautiful progress on those projects.
Lovely inspiration in your new books too.
Hope you have a great week

JustCindy said...

Your Welcome Home quilt is so cool. I love it. The baskets are so pretty, I love blocks on point. You accomplished lots this week. Enjoy your long weekend.

Terry said...

Lots of pretty stuff you have there! As always it all looks wonderful! :0)

Karen said...

The house quilt is singing to me. Love it! I like working with homespuns but they are becoming fewer and further between.

Lynette said...

Hey, you've got some GREAT work done :D

Janet O. said...

What a wonderful collection of projects, Yvette!
I love the house quilt, but I find homespuns challenging to work with, too. They ravel so much and stretch--at least the ones I have used did. I'm sure there is better quality somewhere.
I love that runner on the front of Kim's book, so when you finish that very cute little quilt, you can just whip that one up for me. : )

Kristie said...

You have so many beautiful projects going on. I've not had a lot of experience working with homespuns but they seem to me like it would be difficult.

I love your baskets! I need to get back to mine.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Carol said...

What a great week you had...Oh my I love your house quilt...it's fantastic. I really like the quilt you have picked out from Kim's book...it's going to be wonderful!

Sharon said...

WOW do you ever sleep? :)
I love it all. I love anything by Kim and want to do it all! The one you picked out is awesome. Can't wait to see it done. So hurry!! lol

Betsy said...

Yvette, you had a wonderful week. Your welcome home quilt is looking fabulous!

Barb said...

I just love all of the fabulous things you are doing. That welcome home quilt is just going to be so awesome.

Grethe said...

What a good friend:duplicating her baskets!
Great projects - love the houses and FQ mystery quilt will be super. Nice quilt from Simple :-)

Robin said...

Lots going on here! Wow! And such great projects too... that book looks awesome. I love the design you're starting with.