Monday, August 1, 2011

I thought I would share what I bought last Saturday from the quilt show. Those Primitive Quilts magazines are wonderful! So many cute projects. I also got a few buttons from Button Mad. I plan on ordering more as I need them. I also got a small kit for a cute little halloween table mat. Two plaid and stripe FQ's also came home with me to add to my collection for a future Bonnie Hunter quilt.
That's it! I think I was really good!
I managed to finish the July set of blocks for the "Civil War Tribute" BOM. 160 HST's this month. UGH! As usual, the lighting on my pictures is HORRIBLE. I went to Best Buy to look for a new camera this last weekend but came home empty handed. I was too confused at the different features. I thought I would do some online research and pick a few to look at and try again. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Have a great week everyone!
(Yes, I posted on a Monday) ;)

12 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love your haul from the quilt show--the fabric, magazines, etc. Cute buttons!
I think those blocks look really good!

Linda said...

Weren't the gals at ButtonMad wonderful! Did you see the motel sign quilt...it was amazing!

Betsy said...

You caught me off guard with a Monday post but it was all good. I love your purchases. You did really good. I know what you are going thru with the camera. Great project you are working on Yvette.

Crispy said...

It's nice to know that you boosted the economy a little :0) Ack!! 160 hst's but the blocks are wonderful!!

Crispy

Barb said...

You were good...I am impressed!

Karen said...

A lovely set of blocks and you were really good with you purchases.

deb said...

Arent those magazines just the BEST...I swear I dont know where to start...maybe with that cute Cheri Payne quilt?

Grethe said...

Must have been a great quilt show.
Amazing how some can make a quilt with a sweet dog so alive!!! LOL
I have had the pattern for that button bag for ever.
Love you Vignette corner,I have read your posts way back,great:O)

Nancy said...

I took my magazines to Sharon's and we made the little scarecrow quilt using some of her vintage fabric. He turned out really Cute!

Deb said...

Love your haul from the quilt show!! And those blocks look great - even with all those HSTs! I'm beginning to hate those devils! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hello Yvette, love your purchased from the Quilt Show...I love prim...Warm Regards, Lyn....I love seeing your progress with the CW quilt.

Robin said...

I've been really enjoying those Primitive Quilts magazines too! So many wonderful projects (especially in the Fall issue!). You showed admirable self-restraint too. I'm impressed! :)