Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hand Stitching Fever

I made another Klosjes. These things are going to be addicting! I have to prep a bunch more when I have the chance because these will be a great portable project. 2 down 1198 to go. LOL!I put together the last block of my "Gardeners Journal" top and added it to the others. I have to find something for a small border and then add the scrappy final border. This will have to be put away until I go shopping.
Here is a closeup of the last block. I cut a little too much on the left. OOPS! I guess the wind is blowing my tree.
I managed to get October's "Calendar Redwork" BOM Done. These are quick and easy!
I also finished 2 more Redwork Baskets.

That's it for this week. I did clean out my sewing room of patterns and books I knew I would never use. I gave some to a friend online and am waiting for another friend to go through them before I put them up here to see if there are any takers.

I pray you all have a safe, happy, healthy week.

19 comments:

Kristie said...

You always get so much done! They are all beautiful!
Kristie

Retrogirl said...

Fantastic Klosjes! Great fabrics. It does look like fun, portable project.
Happy Quilting,
Heather
=)

Khris78 said...

Gorgeous Klosjes!!!!

BubzRugz said...

So much done and lovely to look at too.....
Hugz

Diane H said...

I see a lot of red x's up on your list. Good for you, Yvette! Your baskets are so lovely, you've inspired me to start another redwork project.

Barb said...

wow, you are busy, love the blocks and stitchery!

Annelies said...

You have nmade beautiful things. I love your klosjes.

marina said...

beautiful stitcheries. I love the colours in your Gardeners Journal it is really pretty!
I have seen those Klosjes on lots of blogs, they are lovely and seem to be quite addictive. I don't want to catch that bug, Hexies are bad enough.

Betsy said...

As usual Yvette everything is so beautiful. I love your October block. (I am partial to fall)

JustCindy said...

The Klosjes are cute. Even if it isn't quilted, doesn't it feel good to have the Gardner's Journal finished. It is so pretty.

Teresa Rawson said...

Wow! Are you ever fast at stitching! Your garden top is beautiful...I've always loved that pattern! I've been ignoring my Klosjes...you are inspiring me to get them out again.

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Terry said...

Love your GJ top! Another project you're going to finish before me! LOL

Crispy said...

So many lovely projects. I wonder if you will actually make it to 2000, so many have tried and not quite hit the mark LOL. I LOVE those baskets!!

Crispy

Michelle said...

Your hand work is just beautiful!

Linda said...

Wonderful...your gardener's quilt is awesome!

Lorraine said...

well done on the GJ quilt - I need to go shopping for border fabric as well...thought I had some....guess not!

Robin said...

Your redwork blocks look lovely. And-- wow!-- your Gardener's Journal is beauteous!!! Look at you go... meeting goals, getting organized... such focus. I need some of that. :P

Carrie P. said...

Oh, your gardeners quilt is perfect. All your other blocks are so pretty too.

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love all your stitched blocks...very inspiring!
I like how you picked soft colours for the Gardeners Journal fabrics so the stitcheries really pop out...gorgeous!