Ranette just finished her Nearly Insane quilt after many months of working on it. I found her site a while back and followed her progress since I was making the same quilt. She was kind enough to ask if I would like the paper-pieced pattern for the border since it was much easier than the method written in the book. How could I refuse! Easier = YES. Look at what else sent me along with the paper pattern. Two awesome red/white fat quarters, a pin cushion she made with one of her Insane rejects and new red pins. I was thrilled! Ranette, thank you so much!!! I was on a mission this weekend to get four Insane blocks done. Ranette challenged me to make five so I may get one done tomorrow. ;)
The next two blocks are from a kit I bought 2 yrs ago when I was in New Mexico. I fell in love with it at the shop and fused 2 blocks from it as soon as I got home. I never did the machine applique on them due to too many projects and not enough time syndrome. I dug them out this morning and decided to make this the next UFO I work on. I finished all the machine applique on them using a zig zag stitch. I am hoping to fuse 1 or 2 more blocks tomorrow.