Sunday, April 7, 2013

More progress

Beth came over Saturday and we picked up where we left off last weekend and worked on our Dear Jane blocks.   The plan is to do ten blocks a month.  Here are my ten blocks for April. Next month I am taking apart the three rows I put together several years ago and taking out the blocks I don't like and remaking them.  



After I finished my last Jane block I made this months "Women's Voices" BOM.  It was refreshing to make such big easy blocks.  


I even had time to make this months Country Threads BOM.   More nice and easy blocks.


After work I like to hand stitch.  Here are two more "Sweet and Simple" blocks I finished from the last two weeks.   


Today (Sunday) I only had time to one "Sweet and Simple" and one "It's Raining Cats and Dogs" blocks.  Those, along with my baskets I have prepped should keep me busy for a few weeks on my lunch hour and before bed.

Well, that's it this week.   A few more things off my list.  

I hope every one has a great week! 
Yvette



19 comments:

Deb said...

Your Dear Jane blocks looks great and I know what a relief it it to sew on blocks that are a little bigger than those Janes. Everything looks great!!

Lynette said...

Nice pile of work there! I love your Janes and your after-work blocks.

Betsy said...

Great blocks Yvette. I know how time consuming those dear Jane blocks are. Even paper piecing them takes an eternity.

Raewyn said...

Wow - lots of great progress! Your DJ blocks are gorgeous - and fiddly looking too! Neat to see the reversal of colours in your Women's votes blocks, and I LOVE your sweet and simple blocks!!

Darlene said...

Lots of great progress this week. WooHoo!!!!

Janet O. said...

Maybe if you stick with the Dear Jane blocks I will someday be motivated to start making them. : )
I love the skinny churn dash block, and those "Sweet and Simple" blocks don't look simple (nothing applique looks simple to me), but they do look very sweet!

Grethe said...

Nice blocks for the DJ; good luck with the seam-riper! Your S&S looks very nice. Looking forward to seeing the "Raining"-block, love
all fabrics:-)

marina said...

so admire your dear jane blocks, they are gorgeous. you are going to be ahead if you have done your april ten already.
your other blocks are wonderful too.

Carol said...

Look at those DJ blocks..they're fantastic...I may just have to show up at your front door for some lessons. You did some hard ones this weekend. I'm only doing the easy, easy ones. And those triangles scare me to death. Your applique is wonderful!

Cathy said...

I love your "Sweet and Simple" blocks. After looking at your post I understand "what happens in the sewing room stays in the sewing room"

Dear Jane blocks are beautiful. Hugs

Crispy said...

The blocks are wonderful Yvette. I really love that house block. I've often thought of making another DJ quilt but enlarging the blocks and only making the fun ones :0)

Crispy

Me and My Stitches said...

Wow - all 10 DJ blocks done for April and it's only the 8th! What the heck are you going to do the rest of the month? Lol. They look wonderful!

traditional_quilter said...

I love all your blocks. Great job. You've been really busy sewing.

Karen said...

How fun to have Beth to sew with. I would join you if you just lived a few thousand miles closer!

JustCindy said...

All your blocks look great! Another busy week for you.

Nancy said...

Since your 10 blocks are done, can you do the rest of my 10? In fact, I have just a few quilts that I need help with and since you have everything prepped would you be available to help?

Cindy said...

Sending you good thoughts for a good week too, Yvette. I can see your weekend was REALLY GOOD with so many wonderful blocks.

You never cease to simply AMAZE me!!!

Carrie P. said...

I like those brown Jane blocks. Don't know if I have ever seen any in brown.

Robin said...

Oooo... Jane is back! Fun!!!! :) It looks like you had a great quilty week. :)