Sunday, April 28, 2013

End of the Month

I can't believe the month is already over.   There are still two days but those are work days so they don't count.  LOL     I finished everything on my list.  BARELY.   Two things on my list are BOM's from Homestead Hearth.   Both came just in time but both were missing fabric.   FRUSTRATING!!!   This happens with them more than I can count.  This time I just dug thru the stash and replaced what I needed.  

 Here is this months "Four Star Generals".   It went together fairly easy and quick.

 Joy came over on Saturday and we worked on "Ode to the 30's".   Here are the two 9" blocks we chose to work on this month.   I should have taken pictures of hers too.  Ugh!  

Next up is this months "Crossroads" blocks.  This may be my favorite quilt I have going on right now.  I wish I had just kitted this myself and just work on it till it is finished.  

During the week I finished 7 more baskets (no picture) and another "Sweet and Simple" block.  This is number 14 of 30.   Sorry about the poor picture quality.  

This months mystery clue for the Silver Thimble Mystery from Fatquarters came early so I got a head start.  I need to make 80 - 3 1/2" 9 patches.  Here are the 40 I put together today.  I can't wait to see what this quilt looks like.  So far I am really happy with the pieces we are making.  
That's it for this weekend.  

I have shortened my list for the month of May.  I am not even sure I will be able to get this list done.   I have decided that I really need to organize my house.  I have MANY things that still need to be donated that were my moms and I am ready to do that.  I want to simplify!  This may take me several months but it won't get done unless I make a start.  Once I am organized I will be more productive.  

May Quilt list

 1) Prep baskets.  ( I need 40 more)
 2) Silver Thimble Mystery (40 more 9 patches)
 3) Take apart the three rows of Dear Jane that I started several years ago and re-make the blocks that I      don't like and put together row A.
4) 2012 Mystery -  Make last block and finish top and piece backing.
5) Charming Addition Gift.  ( Piece at least 6 more rows)
6) Jo's Little Woman Club.   (Make one mini)
7) Cheddar Bow Ties.  (work on when all items above are completed)

I wish you all a wonderful, productive, healthy week.  

Yvette

18 comments:

Deb said...

Once again, you amaze me with what you get done!!! Really nice projects.

I have to say that I hear you on Homestead Hearth. It's happened to me a couple times and realized that I'm missing one month of Phebe. I have a special drawer for each BOM that comes in and was going through and organizing and one month wasn't there. UGH!!

Betsy said...

Beautiful projects Yvette. Congratulations on meeting your goals. Four teachers at school are having babies so my appliqué projects are on hold so I can whip up some baby gifts.

Karen said...

I like the fabrics in the General blocks. Not good that you were missing fabrics from a kit. I also like the Sweet and Simple block....but you knew I would.

Lynda said...

Far out Yvette! So many beautiful quilts on the go and your list for next month is mind-blowing.

Janet O. said...

So many wonderful projects--Crossroads is my favorite, too!
Good luck with the simplifying. It is a big step to start cleaning out your Mom's things. I wish you well.

marina said...

love your pieced blocks they are all beautiful.
shame about the missing fabrics-so annoying.
Roll on May!

Carol said...

You got tons done this weekend! I'm up on my feet clapping and cheering! Pretty frustrating that you had to wait until the end of the month for your blocks and then find that fabric was missing...YIPPEE for your stash. Love your blocks! You will be so happy when you get Simplified! Not sure that's a word but I say it all the time...LOL! Here's to the May list!

Terry said...

Your blocks all look great! How frustrating to be missing fabric though! I'm glad you had something in your stash that would work for them! Have a great week! :0)

Teresa Rawson said...

I love the way you make goals and GET THEM DONE! Slowly and surely you work a long and make beautiful things...you are very inspiring!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Me and My Stitches said...

I look forward to seeing your projects every week - I always love each and every one of them! I really need to go through my patterns and see if I own Crossroads - every time I see it I love it, which must mean that I need to make it! Your applique basket is awesome too. Love them all!

Anonymous said...

You got alot done! Love the Sweet & Simple block....thanks to you and your lists I'm getting things done too. Instead of jumping all over the place, by setting goals for each month I finally feel like I'm getting something accomplished!!

Darlene said...

Another very, very productive month, Yvette. Way to go! I bow down to you. :-)

JustCindy said...

I love it! Work days don't count. Too funny. Congrats on meeting all your goals and your projects are turning out just as beautiful as I thought they would.

Carrie P. said...

such pretty blocks. I do like that "simplify" block. that is what I am trying to do too.

Kindred Quilts said...

Goodness, all of your blocks are beautiful! It's a toss up for me... Ode to 30's vs. Crosswords!

Grethe said...

Love all your projects, Yvette!
I think I may copy you on writing down what to do, great list:-)Nice blocks :-)

Crispy said...

I think your crossroads is my favorite project too. It will be good to get things more organized. I don't want you to become a slacker lime me. We are used to seeing a bazillion things done each week :0)

Crispy

Cathy said...

Your projects are so beautiful. Hugs