Friday, January 16, 2009

BOW's

This is block 79 of Nearly Insane.




Dear Jane TR-2 Australian Pines
Dear Jane Block M-8 Enchanted Square

I went to Road To California today. The vendors section was pretty much the same as it was last year. Even Eleonore Burns was in the same spot signing books. The highlight of the day was seeing Alex Anderon. My purchases incuded a magic ironing board cover, some laser cut hexagons, a guideline ruler and some needles. No fabric or patterns found there way into my bag. I think it helped that I cleaned my sewing room before I left. I barely have room for the new needles in there. LOL!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh goodness, these blocks are wonderful. You're always doing such beautiful blocks, I love looking at them......and dreaming.

When I went to the Phoenix Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival last year I felt like you did about the Road to CA - not alot of new things. Infact, the entire show had less vendors than the prior year. Will I go this year? Oh, probably-maybe-possibly-not sure yet.

Well, since you barely have room for the new needles, why not send the laser cut hexagons, ruler and ironing board cover my way....I'll MAKE room....LOL

Joy said...

Ooooh, I like Block 79....

well, I like ALL of them, but I especially like that one... The reds are really special!

As for Road, maybe the economy is hitting the shows too.... It's certainly hitting the quilters. I hope things will have improved by the time Long Beach rolls around....

In the meantime, it's not like we don't have plenty to work on! teehee!

Hope your cold is better and you get some time to sew this weekend!

Hugs! :)

Unknown said...

love block 79! the fabrics you picked look great.