Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday Sampler

This is the final block of the Saturday Sampler that I was doing from Leah's Quilt Gallery. Unfortunately, it will be the last Saturday sampler. Leah's is closing. This quilt shop is dear to my heart. It is where I took my first quilt class. This is also the place I met the other two Amigos, Karene and Joy. There are so many ladies I have met there that I can call a friend, I cannot begin to name them.

I decided I should crop all my blocks and add a sashing to them. I didn't buy the finishing kit because I wasn't all that crazy about it.
Then I added the final border. I think it may be a bit wide, I may crop an inch or two off before I pin baste it. Tomorrow I will piece my backing, a nice mottled green flannel. I will also get my binding ready.


Joy said...

Wasn't that last block fun! I just finished mine and immediately came down to see what you were up to! It is GORGEOUS! I love it! I'm in the process of putting the green sashing/outer triangles on my squares.....and it's getting really exciting!

I too will miss Leah's! We must hold frequent "Janet's Class Reunions!"


Karene said...

Nice job on the Sat Sampler !!! Hope mine turns out just as nice. My two amigos are WAY ahead of me on this project so I better get my hind end in gear ! Anybody, stalking Janet yet....teehee !!!

Doin the Math said...

It's beautiful! Sorry to hear about your quilt shop closing. Is that where "stitch and bitch" was too? :-)

cdnj said...

Sorry to hear about your quilt shop closing. It's sad to hear of another hangout closing.

I love what you've done with your blocks. You're quilt is lovely.

Terry said...

Wow! That's a beautiful quilt! And thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on the Polka Dot Girls blog! I'm so happy to have my first block done...finally! :0)