Sunday, September 16, 2012


Where has the time gone.  I was going to try to keep up my Sunday night posts but time keeps whizzing by way too fast.

This morning I was able to finish the borders on my Saltbox Sampler.  This was one of few quilts that the borders actually measured what the pattern said it would.




I am all caught up with Fat Quarters Mystery BOM.  This easy block gave me fits.  Sometimes the easier blocks give me more grief than the ones with a zillion pieces.

I finished the embroidery and applique on block 3 of "Merry Merry Snowmen".  

Ranette and I decided that we are going to copy Temecula Quilt Company's new BOM and use our stash.  We are doing the Civil War Diary quilt in 6" and 3" versions.   We are going to shoot for a block a week.   


Joy, Ranette and I decided to join in the new online BOW.  It's called Grandmother's Choice.   I am going to keep my blocks simple and use two colors only per block.



Joy also challenged me to finish my Farmer's Wife.  I am going to try to get one done per week.  I have designated Friday to work on all my block of the weeks.   Here are the last two I did. 


Joy also challenged me to finish last years. Civil War block of the week.  I saved all the files before they disappear and got busy.  


I am all caught up with my "Comfort and Joy" BOM.  Next month I start the borders.  It looks like this may be finished before Christmas.  



Well, that's it so far.   I am going to try to keep up with my Sunday evening updates so I don't get too far behind.   

I hope everyone has a great week!

Yvette


26 comments:

Lynda said...

WOW! What a great lot of photos of all you wonderful sewing and stitching. I love all of your blocks.

Raewyn said...

Gosh busy you - so neat to see everything that you are up to!! I have several of those on my list of to-do's as well! Your Comfort and Joy is really lovely!

Janet O. said...

My goodness, you have been a busy gal. Look at you,. catching up and finishing up. I hope your plan works to keep all of the balls in the air. : )
I am really good at starting things, but finishes, not so much.

Joy said...

You had a busy block day! I tried to post a comment here a second ago and blogger ate it! anyway, Your blocks are beautiful and I hope to get my G.Choice done this week - got too busy with shower to sew on Saturday and today was all about relaxing and cleaning the garage.... what's up with that?! Have a great week!

Betsy said...

Wow! Yvette you always get so many wonderful projects done and so well. Congrats!

Deb said...

What do you mean that is it! My head is swimming with all the projects you are starting working on and finishing. You are a very busy quilter young lady and it is great you have someone to work with and challenge you to finish!
Wonderful quilt, love your salt box and your blocks are just fabulous.
I hope to start on GMC this weekend and keep up with it. I will be using stash for sure.

Terry said...

Your Saltbox Sampler is so beautiful! And I love the Comfort and Joy top too! :0)

marina said...

amazing blocks and your saltbox top is gorgeous.
love your comfort and joy top too.
You sure have been busy!

Karen said...

I like the house quilt. Especially like the roof fabric you used for the green house.

I haven't even cut out the parts for this month's section of Comfort and Joy and it is a big one.

ranette said...

You have really made some progress Yvette! Of course I love it all :)

Kristie said...

Oh where do I start, they are all beautiful! Your Civil War Diary, it that the older pattern by Rosemary Youngs? I think I have 80 out of 121 of those blocks finished...just another UFO that needs to be finished.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Darlene said...

You never cease to amaze me - so many beautiful projects. Wowzer.

Deb said...

Good grief woman - do you get a lot done. I'm glad that I didn't miss this post. I just saw that G. Choice quilt going on and if I didn't have so many things on my plate I'd start it.

Great projects - all of them!!

Anonymous said...

Wowwww! I think I need to sew with you. Maybe I would get more done! Love everything!

Linda said...

You always get so much accomplished, Yvette!!!!! I just couldn't believe all the gorgeous photos!! LOVING your Saltbox house!!!

Karen said...

I still don't know how you do it, all so wonderful!

Sharon said...

LOVE everything your doing. You have been busy as usual. I see on your temp thingy that it's 68 this morning there. Are temps cooling down finally?? I sure hope so for your sake. We are done with the heat around here. And I'm celebrating!!
Have a great weekend.

LuAnn said...

Your projects are always so great. I love those Merry Merry Snowmen.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with all your quilts! I love Civil War quilts/fabrics & your blocks & quilts are right up my alley! Beautiful work!

Michelle said...

I love all the projects you're working on and your fabrics are devine. Especially love the saltbox sampler I've been looking at that book trying to resist buying it!

Barb said...

Your blocks are wonderful and well....your quilts are sooooo like I want to come to your house when you are not looking and take them (but I didn't say that).

Grethe said...

Oh Yvette, how perfect it all looks,you must have so many wonderful quilts to dream away on. How nice the Merry Merry Snowmen is now towards December!
Happy Sewing :-)

Robin said...

You make me want to start a slew of new projects too! What is it about Fall? I seem to just want to overflow my quilty-to-do list.

So many fun projects, Yvette! I love seeing what you're up to. :)

Kim D. said...

Love Love all the projects you are working on! I recently bought the book "Simple Graces" and would love to have the " Simple Charm" book also. Your Saltbox Sampler and Comfort and Joy BOM are adorable.

Diann said...

Wow! That is a powerful amount of work Yvette! Well done. I need to get back to my FWS too. I've been working on Sylvia's Bridal Sampler instead. I have the Civil War Diary book but didn't like the names of the blocks!

Karen said...

I've been missing you. No posts from you on the blog in a good while.